Beacon Partners has started construction of The RailYard, a mixed-use development located in South End, at the corner of Bland and S. Tryon Streets. Plans include 300,000 square feet of creative office space, and 30,000 square feet of ground level retail. The project is scheduled for delivery in January 2019.
The project will feature:
- Two eight story buildings designed to resemble warehouse buildings that capture the historic aesthetic of South End
- The two buildings will be separated by “The Yard”, a 15,000 square foot community gathering place designed to accommodate different functions including a large lawn for relaxing, outdoor dining, shopping and music after hours
- Four dedicated restaurant spaces, each with outdoor dining
- “The Yard” will be connected to a large indoor area referred to as “Central Station” via a 40’ wide roll up door creating almost a half-acre of furnished, open-air gathering space
- A coffee shop and café will be located inside “Grand Central”
- Over 100 covered bike lockers
- A 2,500 square foot fitness center with locker rooms
- Two roof top Sky Terraces
- A designated Uber/Lyft drop off area in the rear of the property
“South End already has so many of the intangibles office users are looking for today: historic buildings with a lot of character, great restaurants and The Rail Trail, but with The RailYard we are trying to create an even more unique work environment,” said Mike Harrell of Beacon Partners. “The RailYard’s historic warehouse design is not only meant to blend into the neighborhood, but also to accommodate a workforce who values outdoor space and the ability to walk or bike to work. We’re excited about transforming this area into a destination for office tenants as well as for those living in the community.”
The Beacon Partners’ RailYard project team includes Edifice as general contractor, LandDesign as civil engineer, and RBA Group as architect. Kristy Venning and Charlie Swanson with Beacon Partners are handling leasing. Financing is being provided by Wells Fargo.